Hive, mail # user - hive 0.11 on MRv1 Vs. YARN

+
Austin Chungath 2013-08-20, 09:32
Re: hive 0.11 on MRv1 Vs. YARN
Alan Gates 2013-08-20, 15:55
Hive 0.11 does run faster on YARN than MR1, but that's due solely to YARN being faster than MR1.  Hive 0.11 doesn't take any advantage of YARN.  Lots of work is going on to change that so that future versions of Hive will take advantage of YARN (see all the work in the Tez branch for example).

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-20, 17:10