Hadoop >> mail # user >> HADOOP PIPES with CUDA

+
jem85 2012-02-13, 17:02
+
John Conwell 2012-02-13, 17:49
Re: HADOOP PIPES with CUDA
On 02/13/2012 06:02 PM, jem85 wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with porting cuda code to
> hadoop pipes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but we've ported other C
code to Hadoop.  We used Pydoop (http://pydoop.sourceforge.net/) for it,
since it runs C-Python over pipes and thus lets you use ctypes to easily
wrap C code.  It could be an option.  One could even consider using
PyCUDA with Pydoop.

Disclaimer:  I'm one of the Pydoop developers.
--
Luca Pireddu
CRS4 - Distributed Computing Group