HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-18, 17:14
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-18, 17:23
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-07-18, 17:55
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 04:29
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 04:40
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 04:57
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 05:00
+
Stack 2013-07-19, 05:12
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 11:02
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 11:11
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 11:23
+
Anoop John 2013-07-19, 11:51
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 12:00
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 13:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 14:18
+
Anoop John 2013-07-19, 15:12
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 15:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-19, 16:27
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 16:32
Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
>The reason for my question was that the notion of storing information in
tag was mentioned in recent past. See links below:

Ted you have plans to make use of the inline tags for these issues?

-Anoop-

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the confirmation, Ram, Anoop and Andy.
>
> The reason for my question was that the notion of storing information in
> tag was mentioned in recent past. See links below:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8701?focusedCommentId=13678434&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13678434
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3787?focusedCommentId=13635960&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13635960
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Would tags be visible to methods of BaseRegionObserver, other than
> > > AccessController ? Meaning, would other (non-secure) components of
> HBase
> > > be able to use cell
> > > tagging to store certain information ?
> > >

> > Inline cell/KV tags must be core feature by definition I think, so an
> > component of HBase will be able to use them, coprocessor or not.
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> >    - Andy

> > (via Tom White)