HBase, mail # user - HBase without compactions?

Re: HBase without compactions?
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-19, 07:12
MapR had a distributed key value store internal to the FS for its
metadata. Eventually they got the idea to put an API on it that mimics the
HBase client API. This is not "removing compactions". I can't say for sure
but feel pretty comfortable stating its an alternate architecture to
BigTable, there was never a need for compactions in the first place but
instead some other tradeoffs. Apples and oranges.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)