Sqoop >> mail # user >>

Hi,

I'm trying to export a set of avro files to mysql using the
DirectMysqlManager, using the sqoop export command as follows:

sqoop export  --verbose  --connect jdbc:mysql://<mysqluri>/<dbname>
--direct   --username <username> --password <password> --direct
--export-dir <dir with avro files> --table <tablename>
On running this command, I see that the job's *mapred.inputformat.class* as
'*org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportInputFormat'* wheras I was expecting it
to set it to '*org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.AvroInputFormat**'*

I have also checked that*
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ExportJobBase.getFileType(conf
, path ) *on the same path returns *AVRO_DATA_FILE*

Please let me know if I'm missing something here?

TIA,
Rama.
+
Ramakrishna Nalam 2013-07-19, 03:57