Accumulo, mail # dev - Backporting policy proposal

Re: Backporting policy proposal
Mike Drob 2013-06-18, 20:59
I think the point about CTR is very important, and should be weighed
carefully before making binding decisions regarding back-ports. If a
developer wants to spend time back-porting features, then I don't want to
be the one to dissuade them. Like I've heard on this list many times,
"patches welcome!"

CTR would, on the face of things, allow developers to back-port features as
they feel is appropriate. Then, if another developer has concerns with the
feature, the back-port, the implementation, or anything else, he/she would
be encouraged to start a vote on it. It might be a nice courtesy to other
developers if the intent to back-port was stated up front, but I don't
expect it to be strictly necessary.

I don't know if there are implied time-limits on reversion votes for CTR,
but that can be addressed in by-laws when the community gets around to it.