Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release

Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release
Tom White 2012-11-27, 12:30
I verified sigs and checksums, and the license and notice files - all
looked fine to me.

I ran RAT and noticed a number of Java files without headers. This was
running RAT by hand, when I did 'mvn apache-rat:check' no problems
were reported, so I think the Maven RAT checking is faulty - I've
opened HADOOP-9097 for this.

There's also a mismatch between the SVN tag and the contents of the
source tarball: the tarball has top-level LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt,
README.txt files (the tag doesn't), as well as some extra site
documentation files (the latter may be a consequence of HADOOP-8860
and when the tag was created).

I think it's OK to release, but these last two need fixing before the
next release.

Cheers,
Tom