HBase >> mail # dev >> read short circuit

+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 14:58
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-13, 16:30
+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 16:42
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-13, 17:44
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-13, 17:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-13, 18:31
+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 19:17
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-13, 20:20
+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 20:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-13, 21:07
+
n keywal 2012-09-14, 12:48
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-13, 16:51
Re: read short circuit
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One issue with the current implementation is that you can only have 1
> user that short circuit reads, all the others who have the config
> enabled will get a fat Exception. At SU we don't have special config
> files for every MR job so unless you disable it job by job then you'll
> get those exceptions everywhere. We live with it but it did take
> people by surprise when we rolled it out :)

Eli just fixed that in HDFS-3907. It's a three line change that
substitutes a list of strings for a single string, plus a unit test.
Should be a low risk change to get into HDFSes everywhere.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)
+