Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-25, 18:28
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-03-25, 19:01
+
sandy.ryza@... 2013-03-25, 19:23
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-03-26, 04:34
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-25, 18:36
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-03-25, 18:43
+
Harsh J 2013-03-26, 15:23
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-03-26, 15:14
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-26, 08:35
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-26, 09:07
+
Robert Evans 2013-03-26, 14:01
+
Chris Douglas 2013-03-26, 15:49
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-26, 22:55
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-26, 23:26
+
Thomas Graves 2013-03-26, 18:19
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-03-27, 04:16
+
Yves S. Garret 2013-03-27, 04:21
+
Harsh J 2013-03-27, 05:26
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2013-03-27, 04:21
+
Jason Lowe 2013-03-28, 16:07
Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Robert Evans 2013-04-02, 16:05
I don't think I messed this up but if I for the binding/non-binding count
wrong then please forgive me.
With 9-binding +1s 8-non-binding +1s and no vetoes the vote passes.

I will update the bylaws accordingly.

--Bobby
On 3/28/13 11:07 AM, "Jason Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>+1 (binding)
>
>Jason
>
>On 03/25/2013 01:28 PM, Robert Evans wrote:
>> As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it
>>obvious that there is a vote happening.
>>
>> I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus
>>approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi) in the bylaws
>>so that it matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.  No
>>actual change to our voting would take place, just the term we use to
>>describe that voting.
>>
>> As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC
>>members (although others are encouraged to speak up).
>>
>> Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and
>>more binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
>>
>> Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a
>>joke).
>>
>> I am +1 (binding)
>>
>> --Bobby

+