MapReduce >> mail # user >> About conception and usage of Uber

Re: About conception and usage of Uber
Yes, your understanding is correct. WIth 'uber' mode enabled, you'll run everything within the container of the AM itself which leads to significantly faster runtimes for 'small' jobs (we've observed 2x-3x speedup for some jobs).

hth,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy