MapReduce >> mail # user >> Out of memory (heap space) errors on job tracker

Out of memory (heap space) errors on job tracker
Our job tracker has been seizing up with Out of Memory (heap space)
errors for the past 2 nights.  After the first night's crash, I doubled
the heap space (from the default of 1GB) to 2GB before restarting the
job.  After last night's crash I doubled it again to 4GB.

This all seems a bit puzzling to me.  I wouldn't have thought that the
job tracker should require so much memory.  (The NameNode, yes, but not
the job tracker.)

Just wondering if this behavior sounds reasonable, or if perhaps there
might be a bigger problem at play here.  Anyone have any thoughts on the
matter?

Thanks,

DR