HBase >> mail # user >> Endpoint vs. Observer Coprocessors

+
Pavel Hančar 2013-05-03, 10:34
+
Anoop John 2013-05-03, 11:34
Re: Endpoint vs. Observer Coprocessors
Hello,
I'd like to have an object (index of vectors of pictures) in RAM of every
regionserver. To have a variable of some Coprocessor class seems to be good
way. I need to add a new vector to the index, when I add a picture to HBase
(it's the postPut() method) and then I need to search trough the index by
some special API, when users click in my web application. The second task
seems to be good for some endpoint. But I need to share the variable with
  Thanks for the answers.
  Pavel
2013/5/3 Anoop John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >data in one common variable
> Didn't follow u completely. Can u tell us little more on your usage. How
> exactly the endpoint to be related with the CP hook (u said postPut)
>
> -Anoop-
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Pavel Hančar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I've just started to discover coprocessors. Namely the classes
> > BaseEndpointCoprocessor and BaseRegionObserver. I need the postPut()
> method
> > and than some special user calls. So I need both, but I want to have my
> > data in one common variable. What's the easiest way to manage? Do I have
> > Implement my own Base...Coprocessor class?
> >  Best wishes,
> >   Pavel Hančar

+
Gary Helmling 2013-05-03, 16:54