HBase >> mail # user >> hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-01-28, 11:03
+
Vandana Ayyalasomayajula 2013-01-28, 15:43
Re: hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5
Thanks Vandana for reply. I tried that but no luck. It still throws the
same error. I thought there might have been a typo and you meant -D and not
-P but none of them worked.

I verified that the hadoop-auth code base does not have KerberosUtil class
anymore. So I am guessing there is some, but I am surprised no one has
raised this point till now because on the list a few of them say that they
are using hbase 0.94 with hadoop 0.23

Maybe I am doing something totally wrong and downloading via the
"downloads" link and compiling is not the right thing to do and I should
just get it from the source repository ?

-Viral

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi viral,
>
> Try adding "-Psecurity" and then compiling.
>
> Thanks
> Vandana
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 28, 2013, at 3:05 AM, "Viral Bajaria" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is anyone running hbase 0.94.4 against hadoop 0.23.5 ? If yes, how did
> you
> > end up compiling hbase for hadoop 0.23 ?
> >
> > I downloaded the hbase release and tried running "mvn clean package
> > -Dhadoop.profile=23" but I keep on getting a compilation error as
> follows:
> >
> > [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) @ hbase
> ---
> > [INFO] Compiling 738 source files to
> > /home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/target/classes
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR]
> >
> /home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[41,53]
> > cannot find symbol
> > symbol  : class KerberosUtil
> > location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util
> > [ERROR]
> >
> /home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/Bytes.java:[45,15]
> > sun.misc.Unsafe is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future
> > release
> > [ERROR]
> >
> /home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/Bytes.java:[1029,19]
> > sun.misc.Unsafe is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future
> > release
> > [ERROR]
> >
> /home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[242,32]
> > cannot find symbol
> > symbol  : variable KerberosUtil
> > location: class
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.JaasConfiguration
> >
> > Tried with both the security release and the one without but no luck.
> >
> > Any pointers ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Viral

+
Vandana Ayyalasomayajula 2013-01-29, 01:09
+
Stack 2013-01-29, 01:34
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-01-29, 01:58