Hive >> mail # user >> Design help with custom front-end for hive

Re: Design help with custom front-end for hive
I appreciate your interest on this topic and I'm sure some or all of the
changes above can make hwi more accessible but in general, after spending
more time thinking and playing around, I'm convinced the right thing to do
is firm up the jdbc driver and use that as the primary mechanism of
integration with hive.

In fact there is another thread along these lines. There are so many
wonderful report design/management tools out there there is not much point
in reinventing the wheel here right? The primary integration strategy with
all of these tools is via jdbc (or odbc). Hive shouldn't be any different.
But right now hive jdbc driver doesn't seem to play nice out of box with
many tools (admittedly from my limited testing). On windows things are
slightly worse. So I think the first priority along this path should be
firming up the jdbc driver by making it as thin and full featured as
reasonable. It seems so to me anyway :)

This may be something I'll start working on in my copious amounts of free
time :)

Thoughts/pointers/problems?

Thanks for listening!
Vijay

On Sep 15, 2009 1:07 PM, "Edward Capriolo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Abhijit Pol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 > > I should be ab...
Please comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-833
Thank you
Edward