Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Code import for Apache Accumulo

+
Josh Elser 2013-10-28, 15:19
+
David Medinets 2013-10-28, 23:28
+
Eric Whyne 2013-10-28, 23:31
Re: Code import for Apache Accumulo
+1 for it's own repo... but due to licensing concerns of the R
dependency, and lack of committership of the original developers, I'm
not sure it makes much sense for Accumulo to adopt it as a sub-project
by importing it, which would mean taking on the responsibility of
maintaining it.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Eric Whyne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 The authors like the contrib project idea too.
> On Oct 28, 2013 7:28 PM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for the RStudio integration to be in its own repository.
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Over at Apache Accumulo, we just got a nice bit of code that
>> > integrates the R programming language (via RStudio) with Accumulo.
>> > This was done completely by the community (non-committers) and we're
>> > trying to figure out what's best for it and where it can live.
>> >
>> > The general consensus for us is that we would want to import it into
>> > it's own repository (treat it as a contrib-project) since Accumulo has
>> > no need to depend on it and thus it can be versioned at its own pace.
>> >
>> > The contributors are currently working on ICLA/CCLA forms, but I
>> > wanted to see what else we (the Accumulo PMC) would need to do to
>> > import this code.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > - Josh

+