Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> pushing the 3.3.3 bugs

Re: pushing the 3.3.3 bugs
Ben, Your proposal in general sounds reasonable to me with the
exception of "do a release from just a branch if it is something that
pops up quickly right after a
release". I don't see a reason for binding it to time, and instead we
could say that we will have a branch release if:

1- there is an important bug fix that needs to be released
2- we are not close to a trunk release

-Flavio
On Jan 26, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:

> i would really like to get 3.3.3 out because of the fixes that just
> went in.
>
> there are quite a few bugs that are marked for 3.3.3, but i think they
> can all be pushed to 3.4.0.
>
> i would really like to push everything to 3.4.0 and then work on
> getting
> the 3.4.0 release out. we haven't done a release from trunk in a
> while,
> but that is the only code that gets tested by hadoopqa. i think it
> is a
> bad idea to be releasing from branches that are not regularly tested.
>
> going forward doesn't it seem like a better idea to only do a release
> from just a branch if it is something that pops up quickly right
> after a
> release. otherwise, we should be releasing from trunk and possibly
> doing
> a simultaneous release from a branch.
>
> ben

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301