Hive >> mail # user >> hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Thanks Sanjay

________________________________
From: Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bharath vissapragada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Hi Raj

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Quick-Start/cdh4qs_topic_3.html

Installing CDH4 on a Single Linux Node in Pseudo-distributed Mode

On the left panel of the page u will find info on Hive installation etc.

I suggest CHD4 distribution only because it helps u to get started quickly…as developers I love to install from individual tar balls but sometimes there is little time to learn and execute

There are some great notes here

sanjay