HDFS >> mail # user >> rebalancing replciation help

RE: rebalancing replciation help
Thanks Alex.

From: Alex Loddengaard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: rebalancing replciation help

Hi Arun,

Consider setting dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec to something as high as 20971520 for the balancer and the setrep.  You can do this by supplying -D at the command line.

Your strategy for getting data onto the 5 nodes is correct: balance and setrep.  Just understand these things take time.

Hope this helps.

Alex