MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Auto created 'target' folder?

Re: Auto created 'target' folder?
Can you provide additional information about the exact commands that you
are trying to run?

"target/test-dir" is something that gets created during the Hadoop
codebase's Maven build process.  Are you running Maven commands?  If so,
are you running Maven commands as a user different from tomcat7?  This
would result in a target directory owned by a different user, and the
tomcat 7 user might not have permission to access it.

If you're not actually running Maven commands, are you otherwise
referencing target/test-dir in your process, such as on a classpath?  If
so, then the same problems would apply: if your process launches as a
different user from the owner of the target/test-dir directory, then you
might have a permission problem.

So far, this sounds like a local file system permission issue rather than a
Hadoop-specific issue.

Hope this helps,

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks