Hadoop >> mail # user >> NameNode per-block memory usage?

Re: NameNode per-block memory usage?
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How much memory/JVM heap does NameNode use for each block?
>
> I've tried locating this in the FAQ and on search-hadoop.com, but
> couldn't find a ton of concrete numbers, just these two:
>
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/RmxWMVyVvK1 - 150 bytes/block?
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/O886P1VyVvK1 - 1 GB heap for every object?
>
> Thanks,
> Otis

Some real world statistics. From NN web Interface. replication factor=2

Cluster Summary
22,061,605 files and directories, 22,151,870 blocks = 44,213,475 total.
Heap Size is 10.85 GB / 16.58 GB (65%)

compressedOOps is enabled.