Hive >> mail # user >> HiveMetastore server .... performance of hive without this service?

HiveMetastore server .... performance of hive without this service?
Hi,

We have seen few times Thrift Hive Metastore server (HMS) is failing when
it needs to deal with more number of partitions.

We are thinking to remove HMS from our architecture.
As far as my understanding there will not be any issue in running hive
queries without HMS but in that case every client ( CLI code) will be
connecting to MySQL metastore for metadata.

So, wondering what would be the performance hit if we avoid HMS as HMS
might be using connection pooling for resource optimization.

Will dig into code to get better idea as well.

Out technology stack is:

Oozie > HiveAction > Hive queries
Hive Shell > Hive Queries
Regards,