Hadoop >> mail # user >> desperate question about NameNode startup sequence

+
Meng Mao 2011-12-17, 07:00
+
Meng Mao 2011-12-17, 07:53
+
Meng Mao 2011-12-17, 08:01
+
Meng Mao 2011-12-17, 16:42
Re: desperate question about NameNode startup sequence
Hi,

Since your using CDH2, I am moving this to CDH-USER. You can subscribe here:

http://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/cdh-user

BCC'd common-user

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Meng Mao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe this is a bad sign -- the edits.new was created before the master
> node crashed, and is huge:
>
> -bash-3.2$ ls -lh /hadoop/hadoop-metadata/cache/dfs/name/current
> total 41G
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hadoop hadoop 3.8K Jan 27  2011 edits
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hadoop hadoop  39G Dec 17 00:44 edits.new
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hadoop hadoop 2.5G Jan 27  2011 fsimage
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hadoop hadoop    8 Jan 27  2011 fstime
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hadoop hadoop  101 Jan 27  2011 VERSION
>
> could this mean something was up with our SecondaryNameNode and rolling the
> edits file?

Yes it looks like a checkpoint never completed. It's a good idea to
monitor the mtime on fsimage to ensure it never gets too old.

Has a checkpoint completed since you restarted?

Brock
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-12-17, 21:00
+