MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Best format to use

+
Mark 2013-04-09, 18:56
+
Mark 2013-04-09, 16:50
+
Mark 2013-04-09, 16:51
Re: Best format to use
Harsh J 2013-04-09, 17:25
Pig and Hive both have support for compressed sequence files.

Regarding best format - if its just text log data (i.e. no
types/structure) then the best format to keep it in is in
text+compress. SequenceFiles help make it splittable but add a small
overhead in space and efficiency and none of the good codecs out there
are splittable on their own for compression (LZO is good, but needs
pre-indexing to be viewed splittable).

--
Harsh J
+