Bigtop >> mail # user >> Hue problem

+
ivaylo frankov 2013-11-17, 21:11
Hi Ivaylo!

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM, ivaylo frankov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Bruno,
>
> Thank you very much. Thanks you help I succeed to start HBase I even see it
> in HUE.
> Unfortunatelly I have other problem with HUE. In fact 2 problems.
>
> When I try to see what is on HDFS I receive :
> Cannot access: /. Note: You are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser (which
> is "hdfs").
>
> I tried to change hdfs-site.xml
> <configuration>
> <property>
>         <name>dfs.permissions</name>
>         <value>false</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>         <name>dfs.web.ugi</name>
>         <value>root,root</value>
> </property>
> </configuration>
> But without success.
> The second is I can not start pig shell (and pig IDE) in HUE.

For Hue access to HDFS I'd actually recommend configuring
Hadoop's HTTPFS. I find it a little bit more convenient that
way:
     http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-hdfs-httpfs/index.html

> When I start pig shell I receive :
> Error: value 0 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

It looks that somehow you're ending up logging in Hue as root (UID 0).
This won't work. You need to create a regular Unix user AND a corresponding
Hue user (just the same user name) to be able to submit jobs.

Thanks,
Roman.
+
ivo frankov 2013-12-01, 15:24