Avro >> mail # user >> Secondary sort in hadoop with avro

Secondary sort in hadoop with avro
I need to implement secondary sort within an avro based MR sequence. I however find little to documentation or examples online.
I would like to implement this by overriding the  'int compare(AvroWrapper<T> x, AvroWrapper<T> y)' method but I fail to have it invoked.
Does anybody have experience implementing secondary sort on deserialised avro objects ?

Some help, advise or pointers will be very much appreciated !
+
Jacob Metcalf 2012-09-11, 22:09
+
Frank Kootte 2012-09-12, 06:51