Hive, mail # user - Correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY

+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-04-05, 01:40
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-04-05, 01:48
Re: Correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-04-05, 02:37
Hi Sanjay,
you can upgrade to CDH4.2.0 that contains Hive 0.10.

Jarcec

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 01:48:39AM +0000, Sanjay Subramanian wrote:
> Ah its available only in 0.10.0 :-(
> And I am still using 0.9.x from the CDH4.1.2 distribution
>

> From: Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Date: Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:40 PM
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> Subject: Correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY
>
> Hi
> Whats the correct syntax for EXPLAIN DEPENDENCY ?
>
> Query
> =====> /usr/lib/hive/bin/hive -e "explain dependency select * from channel_market_lang where channelid > 29000"
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseException: line 1:8 cannot recognize input near 'plan' 'dependency' 'select' in statement
>
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver.parse(ParseDriver.java:440)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:416)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:336)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:909)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:338)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:637)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:208)
>

> I was referring to this doc..is there another doc ?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-explain.html#LanguageManualExplain-EXPLAINSyntax
>
> Thanks
> sanjay
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> =====================> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> [...]
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-04-05, 03:11