HBase >> mail # dev >> 0.96 version in apache maven repo

+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-27, 22:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-27, 22:04
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-27, 22:24
+
Stack 2013-09-27, 22:32
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-27, 22:34
+
Stack 2013-09-28, 00:00
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-28, 03:30
+
Stack 2013-09-28, 04:16
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-30, 20:27
+
Stack 2013-09-30, 20:39
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-09-27, 22:24
Re: 0.96 version in apache maven repo
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi.
> Who manages the snapshots that are published to Apache repos?

We do.  Here is how to do it:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#maven.snapshot
> I am looking at
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/hbase/hbase-common/0.96.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT/
>  and I see that this has some version built on Sep 9.
>
> Is -SNAPSHOT version it supposed to be updated by regular build? Are RCs
> supposed to go there?

Snapshots are just a snapshot.  I did the above for Hive fellas who wanted
to take a look at the tip of 0.96 branch.

Some folks publish every successful build as a SNAPSHOT.  We don't.  Our
shit too big.

RCs go elsewhere.   What Elliott said.  I've been trying to doc' it of late
here: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#maven.release

The script in dev-release -- make-rc.sh -- does the bulk of the publishing.

> Any objection to me publishing a recent build?

None.  The make-rc.sh script should actually do it all for you -- just make
sure you do

./dev-support/generate-hadoopX-poms.sh 0.96.0 0.96.0-hadoop1-SNAPSHOT

./dev-support/generate-hadoopX-poms.sh 0.96.0 0.96.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT

first... so you have hadoop1 and hadoop2 poms.

Scream if need help or doc needs fixing.
St.Ack