Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop + cygwin

Re: Hadoop + cygwin
Hi,

Im running hadop 0.20.204 under cygwin 1.7 on Win7, java 1.6.22
i got this error:

2011-11-01 14:26:54,479 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker:
*Can not start task tracker because java.io.IOException: Failed to set
permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-cyg_server\mapred\local\ttprivate
to 0700 *
  I tried different ways, i even setted {hadoop.tmp.dir} to the cygwin
home dir too, got same result,
the problem is that JAVA using windows path and file permission to
create HDFS, and i think
under cygwin by simulating Linux behaviour Hadoop can not change the
windows permission to
Linux permission for mentioned folder in error message,
Maybe its a bug and should fixed in source code.,

Any idea please.....

Thanks,
Masoud.