HBase >> mail # dev >> deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework

+
Ted Yu 2012-07-07, 14:23
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-07-09, 16:28
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 16:35
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 19:28
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-09, 21:34
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 23:52
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:56
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2012-07-10, 04:05
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 08:45
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 18:26
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 19:02
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 20:35
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:55
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 21:03
+
Alex Baranau 2012-07-10, 22:24
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 22:33
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 23:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 23:54
Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
I would think so yes.  Talked with Todd on irc and he suggested a good
solution, shim jars that are loaded based on what version of hadoop is on
the class path.  However to get that working is a lot more work than just
rewriting some classes to use the metrics2 namespace.  As such it seems way
too early to think about removing the working code.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7734
> >
> > As far as I can tell this basically sinks all Metrics2 usage in HBase.
>
> So can we settle this then as something to do 0.96 and beyond and get
> the RC out?
>
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy

> Hein (via Tom White)