HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase Replication

Re: Hbase Replication
Hi Mohammad:

The current HBase replication (as far as I understand) is designed to
replicate data from one data center to another data center. The client
application has no knowledge of the zookeeper ensemble in the slave cluster
and therefore, it cannot switch to the slave cluster in case of a system
failure. You might want to implement a smart client can switch to the slave
cluster when it "detects" a failure. Be aware of the data might not
immediately available to the slave cluster (i.e. the master cluster might
have the most up-to-date data than the slave cluster even you configured
the replication)

HTH,

Jerry