MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

+
Shekhar Sharma 2013-08-08, 02:29
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-08-08, 02:57
+
Devaraj k 2013-08-08, 03:04
+
Harsh J 2013-08-08, 03:55
Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots
Thanks Harsh and all friends response. That's helpful.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What Devaraj said. Except that if you use CapacityScheduler, then you
> can bind together memory requests and slot concepts, and be able to have a
> task
> grab more than one slot for itself when needed. We've discussed this
> aspect previously at http://search-hadoop.com/m/gnFs91yIg1e
>
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Devaraj k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > One task can use only one slot, It cannot use more than one slot. If the
> > task is Map task then it will use one map slot and if the task is reduce
> > task the it will use one reduce slot from the configured ones.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Devaraj k

+
Shekhar Sharma 2013-08-08, 02:28