Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop .20 - mapred.* vs. mapreduce.*

Hadoop .20 - mapred.* vs. mapreduce.*

   I'm hoping for a little bit of insight in updating from Hadoop .19.1
to .20.0.  I running into quite a bit of deprecated warnings regarding
usage of org.apache.hadoop.mapred.*.  I understand that the package
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.* is intended to replace
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.* however unless I'm looking at it wrong it
seems the majority of the documentation for .20.0, specifically the map
reduce tutorial,  still uses org.apache.hadoop.mapred.*.

   Is it advisable to convert from org.apache.hadoop.mapred.* to
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.* at this time?  If so, are there good
examples out there or a basic "how to convert" guide?

   Thanks