Zookeeper, mail # user - Zookeeper Coodination Service

Re: Zookeeper Coodination Service
Edward Ribeiro 2013-01-17, 17:06
Yes, what you have just described is a sweet spot for Zookeeper.

Based on your description, you want one of the servers as the leader and
while having  the others waiting. Take a look at "Leader Election Recipe"
in ZK Tutorials for how to implement this. If the leader goes offline then
the other machines use ZK to run the election procedure and elect a new
leader to serve requests. Of course, you will also need a "router" service
that also listens to ZK so that it can redirect the requests to the right
machine.

Edward