MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Partitioner in Hadoop 0.20

Re: Partitioner in Hadoop 0.20
Owen O'Malley 2010-08-04, 16:30

On Aug 4, 2010, at 8:38 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> Anyone know if there's any particular reason why the new Partitioner
> class doesn't implement JobConfigurable?  (And, if not, whether
> there's any plans to fix this omission?)  We're working on a
> somewhat complex partitioner, and it would be extremely helpful to
> be able to pass it some parms via the jobconf.

The short answer is that it doesn't need to. If you make your
partitioner either Configured or JobConfigurable, it will be
configured. The API class doesn't depend on it precisely because it is
not required for all partitioners.

-- Owen