Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])

On Jan 2, 2013, at 8:56 PM, Eric Yang wrote:

> While the discussion has settled for Chukwa to continue, we should discuss
> among the community on our plan for 2013 to move toward graduation.  Here
> is a list of items that have been identified to be considered to include in
> the report:
>
> - Add a new policy page for how to contribute to Chukwa.  I drafted a copy
> base on Hadoop contribution guide line at:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_How_To_Contribute
>
> On the development side:
> - Primary focus is to collect Hadoop and related technology log files and
> metrics
> - Add web UI for showing a list of running adaptors
> - Add web UI for showing status of data streams written to destination
> - Consolidate Agent and Collector features to use Chukwa Agent as the
> primary process for data collection
> - Replace SequenceFileWriter with WebHDFS support, discuss if changing
> sequence file format to avro make sense
>
> Any other points that would be interesting to include in the report?  I am
> not sure what else that we should do before graduation.  In Chukwa status
> page, we seem to have accomplished all check points.  Alan and I also
> discussed about organizing meet up group, but I currently don't have
> resource to organize.  Hence, it may be best to skip the meet up group
> discussion for now.

Anyone going to ApacheCon?

Also, I would like to hear comments from the new mentor as to what they would like to see in the near term.  What was it that they thought could be done differently than what was done in the past?
Regards,
Alan