Hadoop >> mail # user >> Inputs of Mapreduce

Re: Inputs of Mapreduce
Khaled,

Hadoop mapreduce innately takes in file line by line.
XML files are not comprised of single lines.
So you will have to pack a single xml document into a single line.
Or you can make your own input format, which you need to refer to a guide
book.