Hive, mail # user - Report Grnerating tools for hive

RE: Report Grnerating tools for hive
yogesh.kumar13@... 2012-07-23, 17:15
Hello Nitin,

Would you please share how to install Pentaho on ubuntu, and to use it with Hive.

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar
From: Nitin Pawar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 5:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Report Grnerating tools for hive

microstrategy comes with a linux server but has a the BI tool
limitation to windows, same goes with Tableau (Though I am not sure if
they added support for mac)

I have used pentaho and it worked well across linux, mac and windows.
It also has open source edition (with lesser features) but that should
not stop you from trying their commercial version for trial period.

Also setup wise microstrategy was really painful to setup the server
and client mode.
Pentaho and tableau were effortless installation

--
Nitin Pawar

www.wipro.com