Hive >> mail # user >> Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

+
Sam William 2012-06-19, 23:15
+
Mapred Learn 2012-06-20, 00:34
+
Mark Grover 2012-06-20, 13:24
Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

Mark,
   I did not get any errors, but it seemed like the splitting was happening with u,0,1  as delimiters.   My temporary fix is to define a table with one field and create a view  split function on top .  I dont want this additional overheard, if I can make the input format  work with the ctrl char  as the delimiter.

Mapred Learn,

Yes I did have the word 'external' in   the create table statement.
Thanks,
Sam

On Jun 20, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Mark Grover wrote:

> Sam,
> If you can please post a row or two of your data along with any errors you are getting, that would be helpful.
>
> Mark

Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+