Bigtop >> mail # user >> BigTop : Build Targets

Re: BigTop : Build Targets
thanks sean:  To augment, I found this presentation
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/155631546/1615-Bigtop-presentation, where the
goals of bigtop are also stated:

- Generates packages of ecosystem tools
- Generates "convenience artifacts" for certain tools
- Runs Integration tests of tools

So I guess big top is a non standard project in that , although it builds
artifacts, those artifacts can already be built from other places.
However, in addition to building artifacts, it actually tests those
artifacts between one another - and the fact that it does this is actually
one of the "major" artifacts - because that process does the integration
testsing for the matrix of hadoop ecosystem tools.

Anyways... just thinkinng out loud while getting a feel for this awesome
peice of work.  Very useful and wish i knew of it earlier.  after a few
years of hadooping around and banging my head against integration
ecosystems various components.
Hope this helps others that are new to the big top project.!!