Accumulo, mail # dev - Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
dlmarion@... 2013-03-22, 02:03

Take a look at my other email on this subject, it might be better to just add the profile that I mentioned and add this to the list of ignored tests for now. I know that there is a ticket for removing ACCUMULO_HOME in all places.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:58:18 PM
Subject: Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

Dave, you were very close. Here is the mocking code that I used.

Map<String, String> mockSystemProperties = new HashMap<String, String>();
mockSystemProperties.put("ACCUMULO_HOME", System.getenv("HOME"));

PowerMock.mockStaticPartial(System.class, "getenv");
EasyMock.expect(System.getenv()).andReturn(mockSystemProperties).anyTimes();
EasyMock.expect(System.getenv("ACCUMULO_XTRAJARS")).andReturn("").anyTimes();
PowerMock.replayAll();

I'd like write a JIRA ticket and commit this code. I'll wait until
tomorrow for feedback though. No rush for this kind of change.

The message that started this investigation was:

testDefaultConfig(org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest):
Could not find file with URI "/lib/ext/[^.].*.jar" because it is a
relative path, and no base URI was provided.

It occured on line 135 of AccumuloVFSClassLoader.java because
ACCUMULO_HOME was blank and therefore no base URI was provided.