Hadoop >> mail # dev >> making a hadoop-common test run if a property is set

+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-14, 17:56
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-14, 18:57
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-17, 10:06
+
Tom White 2012-12-17, 16:06
Re: making a hadoop-common test run if a property is set
On 17 December 2012 16:06, Tom White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are some tests like the S3 tests that end with "Test" (e.g.
> Jets3tNativeS3FileSystemContractTest) - unlike normal tests which
> start with "Test". Only those that start with "Test" are run
> automatically (see the surefire configuration in
> hadoop-project/pom.xml). You have to run the others manually with "mvn
> test -Dtest=...".
>
> The mechanism that Colin describes is probably better though, since
> the environment-specific tests can be run as a part of a full test run
> by Jenkins if configured appropriately.

I'd like that -though one problem with the current system is that you need
to get the s3 (and soon: openstack) credentials into
src/test/resources/core-site.xml, which isn't the right approach. If we
could get them into properties files things would be easier.

another tactic could be to have specific test projects: test-s3,
test-openstack, test-... which contain nothing but test cases. You'd set
jenkins up those test projects too -the reason for having the separate
names is to make it blatantly clear which tests you've not run

That's overkill for adding a few more openstack tests -but I would like to
make it easier to turn those and the rackspace ones without sticking my
secrets into an XML file under SCM

+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-18, 09:05
+