Zookeeper, mail # user - zookeeper-3.3.2 has default maxClientCnxns set to 10?

+
Alex Baranau 2011-03-25, 19:36
+
Stack 2011-03-25, 20:00
Re: zookeeper-3.3.2 has default maxClientCnxns set to 10?
Alex Baranau 2011-03-25, 20:57
I see what you are asking. I'm using stand-alone Zookeeper, not "internal"
one of HBase. So it reads configuration only form zoo.cfg. And it seems that
by default (when maxClientCnxns is absent in it) it acts like
maxClientCnxns=10. I'd expect it to be unlimited when this property is
omitted. At least it was like this..

Aha! I see they changed default to 10 *in 3.3.x*. I think HBase users won't
like it. What do you guys think?

Alex Baranau
----
Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch - Hadoop - HBase

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Alex Baranau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > As far as I know HBase configured to initiate up to 30 connections by
> > default, and maxClientCnxns for Zookeeper was meant to be 30 as well.
>
> Yes
>
> I'm not sure how it'd go from 30 to 10 (Is 10 the default connections
> for zk?).  Is it possible its not reading hbase-site.xml when the task
> runs?
>
> St.Ack

+
Mathias Herberts 2011-03-25, 21:22