Accumulo, mail # dev - Ready to run Accumulo VMhn

Ready to run Accumulo VMhn
John Vines 2012-08-23, 20:57
I've thrown this guy together as a way for users to get a quick start with
Accumulo. It comes with hadoop, zookeeper, and accumulo preconfigured for a
single node. It uses BigTop for hadoop and zookeeper. It's a virtualbox
export which is set up for 4GB of memory. It does include init.d scripts
for quick start. That said, the init scripts require
Accumulo-1.4.2-SNAPSHOT, so that' why I'm only emailing dev. I will update
them when we release 1.4.2 for larger public consumption. accumulo user
password is secret, as is the root password for accumulo. Just boot it up
and wait a minute or 3 as processes start up. Firefox is configured for the
monitor page and namenode page, so you can easily pull it up and see the
state of your cluster.

If you do play with it, provide feedback. I want to make this as easily as
possible for a user who's new to Accumulo and wants to try it out without
having to configure all of the dependencies.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/538523/accumulo.ova.gz

John