MapReduce >> mail # user >> Map job hangs indefinitely

+
Sudharsan Sampath 2011-06-22, 06:21
RE: Map job hangs indefinitely
With this info it is difficult to find out where the problem is coming. Can
you check the job tracker and task tracker logs related to these jobs?

Devaraj K

  _____

From: Sudharsan Sampath [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Map job hangs indefinitely

Hi,

I am starting a job from the map of another job. Following are quick mock of
the code snippets that I use. But the 2nd job hangs indefinitely after the
1st task attempt fails. There is not even a 2nd attempt. This runs fine on a
cluster with one node but fails on a two node cluster.

Can someone help me in understanding why the failed attempt was unable to be
rescheduled and thereby hangs the job.

Thanks
Sudhan S

+