Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo + OODBMS = ?

Re: Accumulo + OODBMS = ?
Aaron Cordova 2012-01-24, 14:07
Such a thing might be possible, but I don't think anyone on the accumulo team is very familiar with OODBMSs - can you recommend some resources to get caught up?

I have, in the past, prototyped an implementation of a object mapping for Accumulo similar to that provided in Google's AppEngine. It allows users to define subclasses of a Model class whose fields can be serialized to the database and retrieved via a simple query language.

But if the intent of an OODBMS is to use the database to follow object references, I don't think anyone has attempted grafting such functionality over Accumulo yet, but it would be an interesting exercise to try to do so.