Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zookeeper supported on FreeBSD and in the ports collection...

+
George Neville-Neil 2012-07-08, 03:53
Re: zookeeper supported on FreeBSD and in the ports collection...
Hi George,

This is a great news! Could you open a jira for this so that we don't
forget to update the documentation?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER

Thanks!
--Michi

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM, George Neville-Neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed on this page: http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html
>
> that FreeBSD was listed as being supported only as a client due to a problem with
> the JVM on FreeBSD.
>
> As of Friday zookeeper is fully supported on FreeBSD, using openjdk version 7
> and I have created a port for it in our ports collection:
>
> http://www.freshports.org/devel/zookeeper/
>
> The zookeeper port tracks the stable release at the moment and in the near future to track the
> current release, as the plain zookeeper port tracks the stable.
>
> Please update your documentation to reflect this change in support.
>
> Best,
> George Neville-Neil
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+