HBase, mail # user - Hbase heap size

+
Varun Sharma 2013-01-17, 21:15
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-17, 22:31
+
Varun Sharma 2013-01-17, 23:24
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-18, 02:24
+
Chalcy Raja 2013-01-18, 12:45
+
Varun Sharma 2013-01-18, 17:50
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-18, 20:28
Re: Hbase heap size
lars hofhansl 2013-01-18, 21:40
That is true.
Mind telling us more about your setup?I think that would be interesting knowledge.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Adrien Mogenet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Hbase heap size

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - The largest useful region size is 20G (at least that is the current
> common tribal knowledge).

I'm using much larger region size (~200 GB) and it's not a real problem if
you're controlling compactions ; am I right ? It allows a strong reduction
of number of regions, and thus less memstores, smoother flushes, etc. Of
course, as usual it might depends on your workload but can perfectly fit
some needs IHMO.

--
Adrien Mogenet
06.59.16.64.22