MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Managing docs with hadoop-1 & hadoop-2

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-10-18, 21:10
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-18, 21:18
+
Eli Collins 2013-10-18, 21:17
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-10-18, 21:20
+
Akira AJISAKA 2013-10-18, 21:26
Re: Managing docs with hadoop-1 & hadoop-2

On Oct 18, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Currently http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/ points to hadoop-1. With
>> hadoop-2 going GA, should we just point that to hadoop-2?
>>
>> Couple of options:
>> # Have stable1/stable2 links:
>>   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable1 -> hadoop-1.x
>>   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable2 -> hadoop-2.x
>>

> +1,   would also make:
> current -> stable2    (since v2 is the latest)
> stable -> stable1     (for compatibility)

Let's point stable -> stable2 & current to current2 (for e.g. 2.3 in future).

This way we all look ahead. Makes sense?

thanks,
Arun

> Thanks,
> Eli
>

> # Just point stable to hadoop-2 and create something new for hadoop-1:
>>   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/hadoop1 -> hadoop-1.x
>>   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable -> hadoop-2.x
>>
>> We have similar requirements for *current* link too.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> --