Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error

Re: Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-03, 17:35
Thank you for your prompt response, sir. Please don't worry, I can help you
out with this until your problem is done.

Well, let's try out our new method of adding dependency jar files, and
forget about the addtowar.sh script.

Please following these instructions:

"
Installing Dependencies

Hadoop libraries must be available on node where you are planning to run
Sqoop server with proper configuration for major services - NameNode and
either JobTracker or ResourceManager depending whether you are running
Hadoop 1 or 2. There is no need to run any Hadoop service on the same node
as Sqoop server, just the libraries and configuration must be available.

Path to Hadoop libraries is stored in file catalina.properties inside
directory server/conf. You need to change property called common.loader to
contain all directories with your Hadoop libraries. The default expected
locations are /usr/lib/hadoop and /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/. Please check out
the comments in the file for further description how to configure different
locations.

Lastly you might need to install JDBC drivers that are not bundled with
Sqoop because of incompatible licenses. You can add any arbitrary Java jar
file to Sqoop server by copying it into lib/ directory. You can create this
directory if it do not exists already.
"

I can give you my configuration as an example. So in my catalina.properties
file, I have the following line:

*
common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar,/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar,/home/mengweid/Downloads/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
*

The */usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar *is used to include all
hadoop-related jars, and *mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar *is used for
JDBC driver.

Please try this, and let me know whether it works. Thank you.

Best,
Mengwei