HBase, mail # user - HBase and Data Locality

Re: HBase and Data Locality
Nicolas Spiegelberg 2012-02-21, 16:56
>>Its recommended that you run major compactions yourself at down times.
>
>Can we change the `hbase.hregion.majorcompaction` value from 86400000 to
>-1
>along with the required code changes and make a note of it in the
>hbase-default.xml? Also, the hbase.master.loadbalancer.class is not
>specified in the hbase-default.xml. Should I open a JIRA and make those
>two
>changes?

Note that the importance of non-peak major compactions should be mitigated
in 0.92 with multi-threaded compactions.  This config recommendation is
not a general solution but a way to cope with the existing
production-stable feature set.